A phone number is not always safe when registering on every website or application, but without it it is sometimes impossible to use the services. Often a mandatory registration using SMS confirmation is needed. It is not convenient to use a second or third SIM card because it is expensive and you may need another phone.
In this case, you can use a temporary phone number. This is a service from a mobile operator, internet provider or telecommunication services company. Using such a phone number, the user can receive SMS messages without a SIM card and phone, while maintaining their privacy and keeping their phone from receiving spam.
Disposable Phone Number — what is This Online Tool?
A disposable phone number or so-called temporary phone is a regular SIM card, which is connected to the network thanks to special equipment and software on the provider’s side. Thus, the user can get a real phone number and manage it via internet or mobile application. The service is provided for a short time – from a minute to half an hour or a day. This is enough to register a new account in social networks, on the website of an online shop or trading platform and even connect a trial period on a web service.
There are two types of temporary phone number rental:
- One-time: receiving messages from only one website. It is issued for 10-20 minutes. During this time you can receive an unlimited number of messages, but only from one single addressee.
- Long-term: receiving messages from any site. It is issued for a period from 4 hours, can also be indefinite. Allows you to accept an unlimited number of SMS from an unlimited number of web platforms.
Additionally, a free one-time test of the virtual number is provided to familiarise yourself with the service.
Advantages of Disposable Phone Numbers
You may ask, “What are the benefits I can get?”. Well, here are some of them:
- Multiple accounts. Ability to register multiple accounts on social media, messengers and other applications at the same time.
- Protection from scammers, spam and newsletter subscriptions. This is relevant for all those who often have to enter trading platforms or online shopping sites, where you need to confirm your phone number for purchases or sales.
- Bypassing restrictions. For access to local websites and resources that cannot be accessed from your region of residence. For example, to register on sites where there are restrictions for residents of Europe, Asia or the USA.
- Anonymity. Due to the high level of privacy, your real phone number, location or identity cannot be traced through a temporary phone number.
- Increased chances of winning. Not exactly fair, but suitable for those who are engaged in vote scoring to win in draws or various promotions on the Internet.
- Endless trial period. An opportunity to use the free period several times on paid music and game services, digital libraries and video libraries.
Q: How Much Does A Virtual Phone Number For Receiving Sms Cost?
A: The cost of a virtual phone number varies depending on the provider and the platform you choose. The cost of such a phone number can be affected by factors such as the country of the mobile operator, the time of the lease and the chosen web platform from where you need to retrieve the text code. But on average, the cost ranges from tens of cents to $1 for a single use.
Q: Can I Use A Virtual Phone Number To Receive Sms From Anywhere In The World?
A: Yes. You can receive SMS messages from any country or region. However, it is important to remember that some countries may have restrictions on the use of virtual phone numbers. But one of the basic and most important conditions is to have a stable Internet connection.
Q: Is A Virtual Phone Number Illegal?
A: No, a virtual phone number is a completely legal online service. They are usually used by businesses for anonymous and bulk online registrations to protect their personal data. However, when using a virtual phone number, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the state where you are located.